Getting to the Conference
The pre-conference workshops will be held at the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University, 6 February 2024.
The main conference (7 – 9 February 2024) will be held at Cultural Centre Kambri at the Australian National University. The welcome reception on the evening of 6 February will also be held at Cultural Centre Kambri.
Buses to and from the Australian National University
- For the Crawford School (pre-conference workshop venue) we recommend catching the 53 bus from Canberra City Bus Station and alighting at Constables Cottage on Lennox Crossing, stop ID: 4631 (this is directly across the road from the Crawford School of Public Policy).
- For Cultural Centre Kambri (main conference venue), the closest bus stations are ANU Barry Drive, stop ID: 4528, and City West Marcus Clarke St, stop ID: 1821. Journey Planning apps or functions of websites can help you find bus lines that will take you to these stops. If you are staying in the Canberra City Centre and can, it might be quicker to walk.
A MyWay card is the cheapest and easiest way to pay for bus and light rail trips. Cash fares are currently not accepted. Pre-paid tickets are available from ticket vending machines located at major bus stations and light rail stations. Daily tickets are valid until midnight on the day of purchase. Fare information and journey planner functions are available from Transport Canberra.
The light rail travels along Northbourne Avenue past some accommodation options to the Alinga Street Station, which is about an 11-minute walk to the main conference venue (Cultural Centre Kambri). See below for a map to the venues from Alinga Street Station.
Given the conference will be held out of semester, there will also be reasonable access to pay-as-you-go parking (PAYG) on the Australian National University campus.
- A map of PAYG areas on campus can be found online here.
- Delegates wishing to park on campus must park in a designated PAYG area and use pay via the cellopark app.
- For the main conference (at Cultural Centre Kambri), the best entrance into the ANU campus is via Daley Road (off Barry Drive) and the closest PAYG parking is within the Daley precinct (shown on the parking map).
- For the pre-conference workshops (hosted by the Crawford School of Public Policy) the best entrance is via Ellery Crescent (off Marcus Clarke Street) and the closest PAYG parking is within the Liversidge precinct (shown on the parking map linked above).
There are also plenty of shared electric scooters in Canberra that can help you get to and from the conference and around Canberra. Make sure you have downloaded the Beam Mobility or Neuron Mobility apps to use these scooters.