AARES NE Branch & the UNEBS R&RT Committee Event 8 June 2023
AARES SA Event: State Budget & Implications for Trade, Agriculture & Food
68th Annual Conference of the Australasian Agricultural & Resource Economics Society
Call for Applications: Crawford Fund Conference Scholar Program
Date1 June 2023
AARES will support one young, applied economics student/scientist/practitioner to attend the Crawford Fund 2023 Annual Conference Scholar Program.
As part of our long term and mutually beneficial association with the Crawford Fund, in 2023 AARES is funding one Crawford Fund conference scholarship. A Crawford Fund conference scholarship includes attendance at the conference (conference registration) and two half days of activities, reasonable transport and accommodation costs.
The purpose of the grant is to encourage scholars to build networks and skills, and to facilitate contact and discussion among those studying the problems or extending knowledge of agricultural and resource economics.
The successful applicant is required in person in Canberra from 12pm Monday 4 September 2023 through to 12pm Wednesday 6 September 2023.
Following the event, the successful applicant will be asked to share a 500-word report on their experience and the benefits of attending with The Crawford Fund for publication on their website and AARES for publication in AARES News and Views and on AARES social media pages.
The Crawford Fund Conference:
The Crawford Fund Annual Conference is Australia’s key food security event. This year’s conference theme is "Global Food Security in a Riskier Environment: Diversification for Resilient Food and Nutrition Systems.". More information about the Crawford Fund Conference and the Scholar Program is available online.
Applicants must be:
- A financial member of AARES as of 1 June 2023. Join AARES if you are not already a member!
- A full-time student at an Australian university or, working in agricultural, resource, or environmental economics or agribusiness or an allied industry
- Residing in Australia at the time of application and the conference (yes, this opportunity is open to domestic and international applicants!)
- Able to commit to being in Canberra from Monday 4 September to Wednesday 6 September 2023
- Aged 18-35 as of 1 July 2023.
Submit, by email the following:
- A copy of your CV that indicates you are either:
- a full-time student at an Australian university, or
- working in agricultural, resource, or environmental economics or agribusiness or an allied industry
- A document (maximum two pages) that describes why you wish to attend the conference, describes your relevant research or work interests, and demonstrates your interest in international agricultural development.
Submit by email to email@example.com with the email subject “AARES 2023 Crawford Fund Conference Application” by 5pm AWST on Thursday 1 June 2023.
In the body of the email, applicants are asked to make clear if they have also applied for a conference scholarship position supported by a Crawford Fund State Committee to ensure we can coordinate our review and selection processes.
The award will not be held over if the conference is cancelled or the candidate is not able to attend.
The eligibility criteria are closely aligned but not the same as for the Crawford Fund State Committee supported scholarships.