Call for Applications
Donna Brennan AARES International Travel Grants
The Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) seeks applications for the Donna Brennan AARES International Travel Grant. The award was instigated by and remains heavily supported by the West Australian branch of AARES.
The purpose of the grant is to support a person from a developing country to attend the AARES conference, with a preference towards selecting people who are Early Career Researchers or Professionals and/or females, working in agricultural-, environmental-, food-, resource-economics and agribusiness topics.
This grant will defray accommodation and transportation costs associated with attending the 2020 AARES Conference in Perth on February 11-14th. The grant will provide complementary registration to the conference and the conference dinner, and up to AU$1,500 for travel and accommodation costs.
Qualifying applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for a travel grant:
- Resident of and residing in a low income or lower-middle-income economy countries as defined by the World Bank (see below)
- Actively engaged in agricultural, environmental, food and resource economics or agribusiness
- Insufficient institutional funding available to make the trip (including university, department, grant, employer, etc.)
- Paper/poster accepted for presentation at the 2020 AARES Annual Meeting.
Applicants who are Postgraduate students or Early Career Researchers or Professionals in developing countries, particularly females, are strongly urged to apply.
Applications must be submitted the AARES office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants should submit the following:
- Your name and e-mail address;
- Institution and (if applicable) department at which enrolled/employed. You may indicate “not-yet-employed” if not a current student and without employment – please highlight degree-awarding institution and date awarded;
- Degree program underway (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Anticipated graduation date (Graduate Student Applicants)
- Professional rank or position (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Number of years since post-graduate studies (Early Career Professional Applicants)
- Copy of a paper or poster for presentation at the AARES conference, representing your original and unpublished work;
- a one-page biographical statement;
- a one-page statement in support of your application, indicating what you hope to accomplish through the award, and why you would be deserving of the award.
- Proposed travel budget showing costs, funds available from other institutional sources, and amount requested;
In a separate document,
- A nomination from a department, division head, or supervisor which includes written acknowledgement of the nomination and certification of your financial need, including certification that full funding is unavailable from other sources. Self-employed or not-yet-employed applicants may submit a letter supporting the nomination from a colleague or mentor from their degree-granting institution or include a letter stating financial need.
- The deadline for submission is November 1st, 2019.
- The decision on the award will be made by early December, and applicants notified. The transfer of funds to the successful applicant will be made after the conference.
- Decisions by the Program Coordinator on acceptance of papers/posters to the conference will be made after the submission date for the Travel Award. Applicants should submit their paper/poster to the conference by the due dates, and their application for this Travel award by the 1st of November. It will be the responsibility of the DB Awards committee to confirm that the successful applicant has an accepted paper/poster on the program.
|Angola||Ethiopia||Micronesia, Fed. Sts.||Sudan|
|Benin||Ghana||Mongolia||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Central African Republic||Kiribati||Pakistan||Uzbekistan|
|Chad||Korea, Dem. People's Rep.||Papua New Guinea||Vanuatu|
|Congo, Dem. Rep.||Lao PDR||Rwanda||West Bank and Gaza|
|Congo, Rep.||Lesotho||São Tomé and Principe||Yemen, Rep.|
|Egypt, Arab Rep.||Malawi||Solomon Islands|