Applications Close : 30 April 2021
We are seeking a senior economist (at least 10 years experience) in Melbourne to become part of our national team.
The primary requirement of the role is to work with our team to undertake challenging and complex economic analysis in areas related to our three business themes.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking robust applied economic analysis and report writing for clients.
- Leading projects as a Project Manager and supervising junior economists, scientists and engineers in the delivery of projects.
- Leveraging existing relationships with clients and leading business development discussion with prospective clients.
- Representing NCEconomics in industry forums and playing a prominent role in advancing the integration of policy, regulation, science and economics.
We seek people with the capacity and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the future of our business.
We require an accomplished and experienced economist with the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- A degree in economics (or similar degree with a major component of economic studies), preferably at honours level. A complementary qualification such as law, environmental management, science or engineering would be highly regarded.
- Advanced economic modelling skills, particularly discounted cashflow techniques (cost-benefits analysis, cost effectiveness analysis).
- Experience in ecosystem services assessments and the application of non-market valuation techniques.
- Application of economics to solve problems related to water, climate change, agriculture or NRM. Experience in regulatory economics would be highly desirable.
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write reports in language appropriate for a non-technical audience.
- Very strong client management and relationship development skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop business, lead project teams, and deliver work of a very high quality.
- Desire and capability to take on industry roles to advance NCEconomics in the market and advance the thinking of leading practice for the integration of policy, regulation, science and economics.
- Creativity, passion and drive to find ways to truly integrate science and economic thinking into solutions for our clients.
For further details contact
Phone: 0448 295 871