Applications Close : 02 December 2022
We are looking for an economist with tertiary training and five plus years of experience in applied micro-economics (sector or industry analysis), preferably related to environment, water and natural resource management issues, or a closely related field.
As a business we aim to bring clarity to complexity – we need an economist who shares that ambition. Economic analysis can play a critical role in our policy analyses, strategic planning projects, and program evaluations and reviews. We are looking for someone who can design and deliver those detailed economic analyses, and also translate the findings into practical advice.
You will work in teams with other RMCG consultants delivering analysis and advice on a broad range of policy, program, and investment decision-making issues.
The work that you will undertake will include:
- Leading the economics team
- Mentoring and guiding other members of the team
- Applied technical economic analysis, such as cost- benefit analysis and economic impact assessment
- Clearly articulating findings in written reports and to non-economist audiences
- Stakeholder consultation and data gathering
- Project management including client liaison
- Business development, including networking, marketing and proposal-writing.
We highly value diversity and flexibility and are happy to receive applications for full-time or part-time positions.
- RMCG actively supports our team to pursue work that is meaningful and satisfying
- We support job satisfaction and offer a flexible and highly autonomous approach to projects and work management
- We offer exceptional conditions including daily sit-down lunches, paid parental leave, income protection insurance, clear career progression pathways, staff profit share and an employee shareholder scheme for long-standing high performing staff
- The position may involve some travel
- RMCG has offices in Victoria, Tasmania, ACT and NSW.
In your application, please describe your ability to:
- Apply economic frameworks to policy problems and investment decisions in relevant fields
- Develop quantitative economic and financial models
- Communicate clearly in writing and in person
- Establish networks in the environmental, water or other natural resource management sectors
- Self-motivate to complete tasks within set time frames and budgets.
Please also tell us what type of work you are interested in doing.
YOU WILL NEED
- Five plus years experience
- A bachelors degree or higher in economics or a related field
- Good consulting skills in managing clients and projects, and proposal preparation
- An ability to problem solve, work independently and in a team.
To be considered for this position, please send us:
- Your response to the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages)
- A CV listing qualifications, previous experience and the names of two referees
- Closing date: 5pm, Friday 2nd December 2022.
For further details contact
Phone: 03 5441 4821 / 0427 679 038